1997 dodge caravan tune up time!!

Hi all...

I am doing a tune up on my 97 caravan this weekend and know that in order to put in the rear three spark plugs, you need to loosen a bolt(s) so the engine will swivel around. Can anyone tell me where I can locate this (these) bolt(s)??

Thanks in advance for any help...

Fwed

Reply to
fweddybear

Put it on ramps and change them from underneath.

Reply to
Steve W.

I was doing the same on a 1999 Ply. Voyager 3.3L. Two of the back ones can be done from under the van. The 3rd one towards the passenger side can not. I had to remove the belt, undo the top bolt holding the alternator, push the alternator all the way back towards the fire wall and then had only a couple of inches to do the job. Be real careful and disconnect the negative side of the battery before you start, just in case your sparkplug wrench shorts out the back of the alternator.

Reply to
Fred

.in case your sparkplug wrench shorts out the back of the alternator.

Thanks for the advise guys... I spoke with a mechanic who told me basically the same... get at them from underneath.... what fun ahead!!! lol

Reply to
fweddybear