2000 odyssey camshaft

In process of replacing timing belt. Rear camshaft sprunf off center in clockwise direction. Can I move counterclockwise to realign or do I have to go clockwise all the way round? Does it matter? Thanks in advance. k

Reply to
Geo

Move it back GENTLY the opposite way it spun the first time. The reason being that if it moved freely the valves didn't hit anything when it moved. By simply moving it back to the original spot you shouldn't have a problem.

However if you try rotating it all the way around you will probably bend at least one valve due to a piston being in the way. This is one of the reasons most of the books tell you to secure the cams so that spring pressure cannot move them.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks Steve. Your reply is much appreciated. It seemed to move freely with no resistance or feel or sound of any metal touching so I pretty sure I'm OK then.

Reply to
Geo