2003 Chrysler T & C Refilling problem

My wife and I just bought a 2003 Town & Country and noticed that each of the 2 times we've refueled, the engine dies. Yesterday I left the engine running and when I got back in to leave, noticed the engine had died during fueling. Subsequently it died trying to get out of the gas station lot and then 6 blocks latr when I was coasting to a stop at the red light. It also seemed to be hesitating for the next mile or so and then cleared up. Has anyone heard of this problem before and what is the cure? I was told by one dealer that it may be caused by a bad check valve and the only recourse is to replace the tank.

Reply to
sviggiano

This has only occured that one time while you were in gas station ?

Reply to
<a>

No, we have only had the car for 1 1/2 weeks and both times we filled it up, this has happened.

Reply to
sviggiano

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote in news:1181937383.995239.149700 @o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

for one thing if you leave it running while fueling it should put the cel on. also you depresserized the system, also messing it up. newer vehicles should be shut off when fueled up. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff