2004 Dodge Dakota Transmission

I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota V8, automatic with less than 100 miles on it. I checked the tranny fluid and noticed a good deal of smoke and a burned smell coming from the dipstick tube. Is this tranny burning up, or are the parts assembled with a light weight oil that needs a little while to burn off? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
RSclama

David J and Lynne J Shepherd