1994 Buick Century fuel pressure

Hi all

I have a 1994 buick century with a 3.1 liter motor. I would like to know what the fuel pressure is supposed to be on the car? I bought a tester but I'm not sure if its supposed to be hooked up and just turn the key to the on position or is the car supposed to be running.

I have changed the spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, Idle air control valve (it was sticking). No trouble codes. Sometimes the motor runs a little rough and I have found the fuel mileage have decreased a little. Possible GM gremlin.

Pete

Reply to
conan

I'm not sure on the exact spec, but you should see around 35-40 psi at key on, running pressure around 35. If you disconnect the pressure regulator vacuum line the pressure should rise to around 45 psi. The test is fine, running or not, just check for leaks at the test port fitting. Gerald

Reply to
Certainly
31 is absolute minium.
Reply to
wws

I don't know where you get your info, but you are wrong. Fuel pressure for this car is 41 to 47 psi.

Reply to
jfrancis311

My bad. EBSCO (online) shows 40.5 to 47psi. Engine code T. Thanks for the correction, wws.

Reply to
wstiefer