2011 RAV4 2.5 L (which oil)

2011 Rav4 11,000 miles what's the best Mobil 1 compatible oil ?, also I live is Florida so it hot almost all year ?
Reply to
ctops.legal

is Florida so it hot almost all year ?

From Amsoils website:

SAE 5W-20 or 0W-20 engine oil may be used. SAE 0W-20 is the best choice for good fuel economy and starting in cold weather.

Reply to
m6onz5a

is Florida so it hot almost all year ?

What's your owner's manual say? Honestly the "best" oil for your car is likely a top quality synthetic e.g. Mobil One, Castrol Synpower (or preferably German Castrol if the viscosity is right) in the viscosity range recommended by the manufacturer of your engine. One grade heavier if you're having oil pressure problems, but that's a band-aid, and otherwise stick with the mfgr's recommendations.

I've been known to fudge the oil weight higher a little on my own vehicles, but that is only in instances where I'm using an engine designed several decades before my particular example was built and I'm using the older oil recommendations as I suspect the manufacturer went lighter on the oil weight to help fuel economy numbers. An engine designed recently is probably designed with the lighter weight oil in mind and that should not be a concern.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

is Florida so it hot almost all year ?

"in cold weather"??? what part of "I live is Florida" did you miss? unspeakable retard.

Reply to
jim beam

got the wrong guy - i withdraw the "unspeakable retard" - that's reserved exclusively for nate.

Reply to
jim beam

that's all you need to say.

Reply to
jim beam

ive is Florida so it hot almost all year ?

Thanks Nate yea the SAE 5W-20 is what I will use till it get's some real mi les on it, noticing the normal engine operating temperature seems a bit hig h I would like to check or talk to a certified Toyota tech to see if I can change the thermostat as to run at a lower temp., I may be in the wrong gro up for Toytotas but got some goos info from here on my 2000 chevy Lumina, t hanks guys.

Reply to
ctops.legal

+1 GW
Reply to
Geoff Welsh

live is Florida so it hot almost all year ?

holy cow getting bitched out for copying & pasting.. Calm down Jim

Reply to
m6onz5a

"ctops.legal" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You're meaning the gauge isn't reading where you /think/ it should.

Better to ask the tech to aim his IR thermometer at the engine and determine whether or not it's actually running the correct temperature in the first place. I'll bet it's just fine.

Reply to
Tegger

@Tegger

Yea I know the emissions requires a certain temp. to properly work correctly with but there is a min. temp threshold it's just something you have to find out, thanks.

Reply to
ctops.legal

tly with but there is a min. temp threshold it's just something you have to find out, thanks.

Not only that but higher engine temps mean more efficiency. Many engines t oday run around 210F with 195F thermostats and that's perfectly normal. No t certain about your particular engine but even 15 years ago or so engines were running at temperatures that we would have considered borderline overh eating a decade or two earlier.

nate

Reply to
N8N

OE thermostat calls for a 180 degree.