30 minute guarantee

I used to deliver pizzas with a 30 minute guarantee and went through 7 cars in 3 years.

The best cars I owned were a 68 Opel Kadette and a Datsun 210. They were both straight 4 rear wheel drive standards. Good gas mileage, low maintenance, and when something did go wrong easy to fix. Where are cars like that today?

No more delivering pizzas, though. I hear they dropped the 30 minute guarantee. Even so, no more of that.

I used to change my brakes on the street between deliveries. Hey, I pay for all these cars, they can pay me time to fix them.

The 30 minute guarantee caused too many car wrecks and law suits. It served them right. Some kid works for them, gets in a wreck and dies. Then his parents sue the pizza company. After a few of those, the orphan backed down.

Reply to
Jon G.

I didn't buy it new, but I had a '80 Datsun 210-5 speed stick that put me through school. You are right about the easy to fix part. About 42+ mpg on the highway too. New cars are no longer simple because they want you to bring it back to the dealer for repairs. Plus the government mandate of air bags makes them heavier and costlier to manufacture. I really wouldn't want to be in a head on collision with the old Datsun. (Or any other car either for that matter)

I would buy a car like this today, but I'm not sure most other people would. All get options and features gets to be an addiction to the new car buyer.

Reply to
Kruse