'91 Sonoma pickup- won't start in cold weather

Just bought the thing. It's been starting fine but during the first real cold spell- it started, ran for 4 seconds and quit. It seems to be getting a spark and feels like it'son the verge of starting- but won't.

I sprayed some ether in the air intake holes (have to push throttle back to open them)- but that doesn't help.

Any suggestions? The truck gets 12mpg- isn't that kind of low?

Thanks, Mike Cohrman snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
misterfact

I had a no start problem and when I checked the compression some of them were at zero. I mean you could stick a cotton ball, wine bottle corks or something to block the spark plug hole and crank and see if it pops rights out. It'spretty fun. Be careful, you could loose an "I."

P.S. I was told not to use ether in the intake on EFI cars. Tibur

Reply to
Tibur Waltson