2002 Sentra Spec V cold weather start woes.

This only happens when the temps are in the mid 20's and colder. The engine fire up roll over maybe two/three times then die. Of course the more I do it the weaker the battery becomes. I have tried to start the car about 8 times and now the battery is about dead. This happens during cold start, first thing in the morning. When the temps are around

30F or so the car will star fine, but moments after it fires up, the engine acts like it is going to quit, then it fires back up. The engine seems to idle a little higher warmer mornings than very cold mornings. Now the first time it started to act up, a month ago, I held the accelerator down and it fired up but just barely(that dont work now). Took the car to Sears and they said the battery was fine. My guess is it may be bad temp sensor. Why would the engine act like it might quit AFTER starting on mornings when temps are around freezing, but wont start on mornings where temps are in mid 20s?
Reply to
Witch King

Hey whats going on,

I am having the exact same problem... did you figure out what was going on with your sentra? It just makes me furious that these cars are so weak in the cold weather. Second year I am having problems with this car in the cold. Anyways, any info you can give me would be great.

"Witch King" wrote: > This only happens when the temps are in the mid

[...]
deltaf333