My '77 Campmobile won't stay running in this cold

I performed open heart surgery on her (rebuilt the 2000cc fuel injected engine) and she ran like a beast...in warm weather. Then, the Connecticut winter hit. We messed around with the throttle, on a whim, and now she'll start, run for about 10 seconds (like normal) and then quit. The strangest part is that depressing the gas pedal seems to kill it instantly. I don't get it. Is there anyone out there who can help?

Reply to
arthurp

Find out if the fuel pump continues running after the engine starts. You may be able to feel the pump motor to find out. Or, put a pressure gauge on the injector ring test port.

Could also be the cold start injector not firing.

Check all the rubber hoses for leaks or connections which have come apart.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

How cold is it, (am assuming were talkin pancake motor) what's the temp outside at? try giving the engine time to warm up a bit -- try letting engine idle for a 5 minute period before depressing on gas pedal. I'd suspect that the engines cold start sensor is faulty! Perhaps weather is too damn cold -- how long before you can feel heat from the heater boxes?

Reply to
Billy Bad Assr©