91 Toyota Celica MT + GM Synchromesh? (2nd&3rd grinding)

I have a 91 Toyora Celica GT and my 2nd and 3rd gears are grinding badly. I heard this is a common problem for this model and on a Celica forum, they recommend using ATF (which is also recommended in the manual -Dexron II) or GM synchromesh. I am not worried about the cost of GM Sync. if it's really gonna solve my problem. I just need to make sure it will meet the specs for this car and will not cause any other problems. Any kind of input (experience, technical, etc.) is appreciated.

Reply to
ed