92 Regal Oil filter

I'm trying to change the oil in my 1992 Buick Regal with the 3.8L V-6, and for the life of me, cannot find the darned oil filter. Does anybody know where GM hid it on this one? Also, the one that the purolator catalouge called for PL-10111 seems awefully small for this size an engine.

BTW, while I'm at it, to get to the back spark plugs, I set the parking brake, shift into neutral, disconnect that dog-bone shaped motor mount on the front and rotate the engine, correct? Now, how heavy is this thing, will I be able to rotate it back by myself, or will I need the help of a hoist. And is there anything else that I'd need to remove first?

Thanks for all your help.

Mike O'Malley e-mail: momalley81 at hot mail dot com

Reply to
Mike O'Malley

OK- I must be doing something wrong here-

Tried it both ways, disconnected the dogbone, put it in neutral and tried to rotate by hand with a prybar where the dogbone was attacehd. I stopped trying when I saw the mount start to give like it was going to bend.

Then tried the leave it in park and push the car meathod. How had should I be pushing, because I had it rocking back and forth, it just looked like it was bucking against the parking gear, the engine went maybe a few degrees, but rocked right back.

Am I just being too timid with this, afraid of breaking the drivetrain? This is why I love getting a new to me car; I knew how to do the basic stuff on my old one just fine :-)

Thanks again!

Mike

Reply to
Mike O'Malley