93 lumina car oil pan question

Has anyone ever changed one of these? 93 3.1 v6, auto trans. I need to change mine, and the book I have calls for removing the trans. (ugh!!). Is that correct?

Reply to
steve walker

No, you don't need to remove the trans.

You do however, need a support fixture for the engine. It holds the engine up while you lower the entire subframe assembly underneath to get enough clearance to get the oil pan out. Disconnect the motor mounts and then you loosen the rear frame mounting bolts (just loosen!) and remove the front bolts - allowing the crossmember to come down in the front.

You also need to disconnect the steering shaft from the rack.

The book gets 3.4hrs for the job.

CFster

Reply to
CFster