96 grand am 3.1 auto

Help, my grand am is not allowing me to have my keys back. it will let you turn the engine off but not far enough to turn the daytime runnig lights and instrument panel,fan and radio. i tried shifting the car from park to drive a couple of times but it doesnt always work. any ideas? i thought i heard a click when i was in park and my keys come out ? maybe i'm hearing tings..thanks,,paul

Reply to
wolfsden2

You probably have issues with the park interlock mechanism. You may want to take it someone who knows what they are doing to get it repaired.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Yeah, likely the above. U can try to move the steering wheel to see if that releases some pressure.

Reply to
Knifeblade_03