96 Toyota Corolla power lock--recall item?

Was hoping rear door on driver's side would open when I turned the child lock but that didn't work... I opened panel & unplugged wires that connected actuator but still could not unlock nor open door. I manually pushed 2 horizontal metal rod arms back & forth but door would not unlock nor open. Didn't see any broken parts on the lock mechanisms. Anyone know if the solenoid is located inside the actuator? I wonder if it is a seized up solenoid? I heard that Toyota had a recall on a glitch in original door relay box that allows current to flow thru solenoids for too long under certain conditions & cause solenoid to overheat & seize up---anyone know anything about this recall & if it seems likely dealer would replace when only 1 of 4 doors won't open? Any one have diagram for 96 Toyota Corolla DX on removing/installing actuator or solenoid? thanks

Reply to
curiousitygeorge