97 Grand Am gauges go nuts!

I've looked around and not found this particular combination. Suddenly, while my son was driving, all gauges went nuts, speedometer pinned, then gauges went to zero, except speedometer which stayed pinned. ABS and low coolant lights are on. It appears all other systems are operating normally. Car starts and runs fine. All accessories/lights work. It appears normal charging is taking place, because changing loads don't cause any dimming or stumbling. Car has been drive approximately 5 miles since this occurred with no apparent ill effects. Any thoughts on this? Seems like GM info is scarcer than others.

mg

2.4L engine, 82000 miles
Reply to
MG

Check the ground wires on the transaxle stud.

Reply to
Steve Austin