97 Tahoe Tire Swap - 245/75-16 to 265/70-17?

Time for new tires on my 1997 2 Door Tahoe, and the wheels are pretty beat up after 10 years, too. Good old eBay has about 15 different auctions for tire/wheel takeoffs with less than 10 miles on them. Most are off of 2007 Trucks, but the 6x5.5 bolt pattern should be the same and work, correct?

Currently I have stock 245/75-16's, but the auctions are mostly for

265/70-17's. Two questions - Tirerack shows 265's as optional equipment, so I should be OK there, right? Can I go to the 17's without any problems, too?

Anyone see any issues with this swap?

Reply to
Jack McGuire

The TireRack shows swapping even larger tires, so the size shouldn't be a problem. Go to AmericanRacing.com, they are a wheel manufacturer & have a great application list. Check that the rims you are looking to buy are indeed 6x5.5. Just choose the 07 truck your buying from then just pick any rim shown for the specs. Just to make sure they are 5.5s. The only issue you will encounter is the error in the speedometer. Not sure what & how much it will be off by. Mike

Reply to
MCL

it'll be off by about 3.7%

check sizes here:

also make sure the offset of the new wheels is close to that of the old ones

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel