98 crown vic clicking when starting

Thought I had a bad starter/solenoid because it clicked when I turned the key. Bought a new starter and got the same thing.

I put the starter in a vice and jumped the terminals and the starter engaged as should.

The battery in the car is solid, and I cleaned all the connections so I had good contact. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
spamwatchdog

IIRC, you have two solenoids. Did you check the one on the fender. Had that problem with an F150. A new main solenoid fixed it right up.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut