'98 Ford Explorer - Sluggish starting?

I've got a '98 Ford Explorer Sport with the 4L SOHC V6 engine. Unfortunately, it's starting getting very sluggish when trying to start. One time it took me several minutes and several tries to get it to finally start. I don't believe it's the starter or the battery since it will crank like a son of a gun it just doesn't want to start right up. It more or less just kind of limps into starting.

I've also had the gas pressure checked and it seems to be registering fine in the 30-35 pound range. I've also run a tank of Injector cleaner through it as well.

I've also noticed that sometimes at idle I will feel a little jump. It's very subtle and my wife didn't even notice it, but I could feel it. So, I was thinking maybe spark plugs and wires, but I don't believe those would be intermittent would they? The car would either start or it wouldn't right?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

Reply to