suspension

hey well im having a suspension problem on my 94 integra ls. The front left tire rubs and slams everytime i make a sharp left turn. Sometimes is not even sharp turn just simple turn a bit fast and the tire will rub, i can actually smell the tire burning. However if i made a right turn at the same speed or faster no rubbing or slaming will happen on the right side. my car has 17 wheel w/205/ 40tires. does anybody know why it does that,

thanks for the suggestions

Reply to
jay

Jack up and put your Integra's front on jackstands (like $10 at Wal-Mart or maybe Autozone). Put a piece of cardboard down on the floor. Set trusted spouse or significant other behind the wheel, with instructions to keep their hands off the ignition key. With you beneath the car, have him/her turn the steering wheel through its full range a few times. Watch for the tire hitting the frame. Inspect all components and compare to the other side.

Google for details of checking ball joints, tie rods, CV joints. If you have no idea what any of these are, do the check above and report back.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't drive this car. See for example the outcome of a failed ball joint at

. Or the outcome for a guy who did not use the correct bolt in his suspension at
(post by 18-year-old "Vincepru") "jay" wrote

Reply to
Elle