AC blowing on floor only.

I have a 94 Buick Regal, and the AC works fine (cold), but it only blows on the floor. The vent is blowing on the floor too. On Bilevel, I get a little bit of air at the defroster, but none on the front vents. On defog, it's still on the floor. The vacuum switch that pulls the baffle is not moving when I change the ac settings. I've seen this once before, and it was a vaccum leak. Should I look at replacing the climate control switches or try to find the vacuum leak. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
camerondawes

check for a vacuum leak, if you find one - it's cheaper to fix, check the "points" on the switch next, maybe faulty.

does it have individual right / left air controls.

I had that trouble once, and I think it was the selector switch.

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron

It does have the individual controls, but only for passenger "hotter or colder". Thanks for the reply . How should I look for the vac leak?

Reply to
camerondawes

Checking for vacuum leaks is much like checking electrical circuits. It is very helpful if you have a vacuum diagram to go by and a vacuum hand pomp with a gage. There is one thing you can try without those tools. Most vacuum leaks will make an audible hissing noise. You could use a length of rubber hose to search for the noise. Just hold one end tightly to your ear and pass the other end along any vacuum lines and connections that you can find. As you get closer to a leak you should hear the hiss get louder.

Reply to
Kevin

Vacuum line right behind the throttle body was snapped clean. Works like new now!

Reply to
camerondawes