Air Filter smells like gas

I've been very good as far as monthly and quarterly mainteance on my girlfriends '96 Suzuki Swift, and for the second time (3 months time period) after changing the air filter, I noticed the the air filter has a strong smell of gasoline, I don't know if that is normal or not.

Anyone have any ideas, or knowledge about the Suzuki Swift, and possibly why the air filter would smell like gas?

Thanks

Reply to
mikedawg