smells like cookies

Hi all,

Yes smells like cookie, and it's alive. Just finished putting in my refreshed 1600 dp motor that I been putting together during thanksgiving. Took me 2 days to remove old one swapout all tin, accessories exhaust, and everything else. One the second day I started around 7am and by 7pm i was priming my oil. Never had a car that takes ~4.75 qt of oil before! My friend came over to help finish putting everything back together, man was that just in time, I was so tired that I could barely stand, fingers all numb. Get everything back together and we hope into the car to go around the block for a test drive. What a difference! Driving a bit and I am starting to get a wif of exhaust wrap smoke. I am guessing the hunger is totaly getting to me at this point, and I register the exhaust wrap smell as freshly baked cookies. Get back, check the for oil leaks again, everything is clean, except for the bit of oil drips around oil filter. I figure, it was from install, oil filter adapter is mounted at ~45 deg. instead of vertical, temporary setback untill i make a correct bracket. Later when i stoped at the gas station, i found more oil there. Oil lines look clean so it must be coming through the seal, gotta figure this out later. She runs and runs pretty well. Still need to tune my carb, recheck valves and reset timing once I recover from all this fun.

Anyway I am rambling at this point, and I must get to the point of this post. I wanted to thank everyone here for your support, knowledge and getting this project done so smothly. Special thanks to Jan, Jim, Joey, Bob and anyone else I might be forgeting.

Thank you, Anton

P.S. Jan, no bandages were needed during engine removal/install :-) oh and here are some pictures from the build

anton

Anton, Feel lucky that your engine only takes 4.75 qts. My 2110 takes 8qts. Congrats on your rebuild its a good feeling when things go right for a change!!!

Wild Bill Tucker President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, Fl

Wild Bill

Well done Anton !

Ive just bought a load of junk engines to play with - two siezed and two in bits. I thought I'd rebuild a few junkers to get some experiance before I build a daily driver with turbo !

Glad yours went well !

Reply to
tricky

Rather bizarre, As I just got rid of some......taking up too much shed. Need to fit kids bikes in as well.

Well done on engine build-up. Maybe one day .....

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Thank you guys,

I think I found the cause of the the oil leak. Looks like hose or brass fitting at the remote oil filter adapter.

Ant> > Well done Anton !

Reply to
anton