Any suggestion for touching up scratched underside panel?

Underneath the door on 1995 Red Probe GT driver's side, I have a solid foot long scratch. Luckily there are no dents or scratches on the door or under it - just a very nasty thick scratch and scraping of the paint. Since the car is 10 years old, I'm not going to take it in just for that. If anything, one of these days, I'll have a complete re-painting.

What's the best way to try to self-repair it and touch it up? Wash, buff, spray paint and wax? Anyone have any good suggestions. Product recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Do I need an electric buffer or can I do it by hand?

Reply to
clayton

you can get step-by-step instructions in a Do-It-Yourself auto body repair manual at your local public library. When I work from manuals I photocopy the relevant pages and take them into the garage with me so I don't soil the manual itself.

these days you can probably find descriptions of body repairing with photos on the Internet.

( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) writes:

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community network homepage:

William R. Watt