wax for a black car

Okay i tried waxing a few spots with Zymol It appears that some of the outlines of the water marks have gone away The salesman recommended I use Simoniz wax for my black car. What do you think

My car is only a month old and it's ruined by water (chemical stains?) This could be covered under the warranty. I washed the car yesterday and it is covered in scratch marks shaped like asteroids. I want to see if they will go away w/ wax.

Reply to
Hallofwiffleball

Go pick up magiuars clay bar kit, and magiuars gold class wax, the clay bar and quick detailer (comes in the kit) will take out just about any dirt in your paint, and magiuars wax leaves a great finish. Simoniz isn't that good, its more or less like using turtle wax, just something cheap to get the job done, not to get it done right. If you don't mind spending the money, go for zaino bros. its expensive, but it gives an amazing finish.

Reply to
M.C. Tee

The chemical craters won't come out with wax or clay. I have them on my car, if you look at the paint under flourescent light the clear coat looks like it's cratered. I've even had it professionally buffed and it wouldn't touch it. They had to sand the clear coat and re-apply new clear coat. That's the only thing that worked. You can dry using a buffer with a cutting glaze or something with more cut to reduce them.

For wax I've been try> Go pick up magiuars clay bar kit, and magiuars gold class wax, the clay > bar

Reply to
null