touching up underbody rust spots

Hi

Whats the best way to deal with these, i was thinking scraping and wire brush, kurust, hammerite paint then waxoyl. Is this ok or is it better to underseal.

advice appreciated

Gary

Reply to
geepeetee

Waxoyl do a great underseal, you can get it in cans to spray on or big tubs to paint on if you like! it does say that you just need to wire brush the loose stuff off, I used it on mine and have had no problems at all underneath the car other than having to top the coat up every so often.

If you want it to be concours then you will need to spray it with stonechip or the like, I personally like to drive the thing and wish to spend as little time lying underneath it as possible!

Miniman

Reply to
miniman

I really like POR-15. I would wire wheel the loose stuff and then use the three steps that go with POR-15. You can find a kit that should work for you here:

That should take care of your problem.

Reply to
randy.mantle