Automotive Diversity Reception problems- 98 Corvette

not sure where I should have posted this, anyway I have a 98 Corvette and it uses diversity reception. There is one antenna embedded in the front glass, and another in the rear glass. The control/switching box is above my head.

My FM reception really really sux on my coup, even with an aftermarket radio. The reception in my 97 Maxima (which has diversity reception- 1 power mast style antenna, and one in the rear glass style) has the best reception for a car radio I've ever seen. Anyway, it does not help my front antenna was rubbed off, probably cause there used to be a tint strip there and that was taken off. I repaired that the best I could with circuit board repair conductive paint. However, the reception still leaves to be desired. I am thinking about putting in a power antenna on the rear fender from a 03 Corvette convert. I cannot get ANY AM stations whatesover and most FM is rather fuzzy. now that I'm on the highway alot, I need to depend on the AM and FM to check traffic (and I cant stand it when I know that something is wrong with my car).

Or, is there a way to check that my current diversity reception is functional right now? Thanks

Reply to
Eric

Have you considered Sirius or XM satellite radio?

Tam/WB2TT

Reply to
Tarmo Tammaru