bad smell in car from vandalism

A week ago vandals spread feces on my car's windshield. I used a pressure washer on it and have been through a car wash twice, but it still has a bad smell inside. It may have gotten into the air intakes or something. Are there any suggestions for getting rid of this smell?

Reply to
Jud McCranie

Randy

Mix a bunch of baking soda with water and flush the air intakes with that. Soda absorbs a lot of stuff. There are small drains at the bottom of the intake plenum to drain water, and they might be plugged with dirt or leaves or even the crap off the windshield. You'll need to find them and clean them out.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam

It could be a *lot* worse. Thank your lucky stars. Some years ago my car was taken for a joy ride. The car was recovered by the cops in due time and returned. The joyriders however had done a fair bit more than just drive the car, they had used it as toilet. There was shit smeared all over the place and both of the seat backrest map pockets were sretched badly as a consequence of holding the weight of the miscreant(s) whilst taking a dump in them.

Reply to
Marty

It is almost unbelievable that someone would do that.

Reply to
Jud McCranie

I'm sorry to hear that:

But you supplied a smile for my miserable day.

To the OP, use white vinegar, about 4 gallons of it in the cowl vents. It will melt the feces, and get the smell out completely. My house was broken into in August, just two weeks after I had a stroke.

The malpheasant bastards, shit everywhere!.

I thought it was because they had a personal grudge, but, needless to say. Cleaning it out has been a nightmare.

Sorry for your problems,

Reply to
Refinish King

The policeman thought we were targeted for this, but we can't think of any reason why. There have been a few things in the neighborhood, but nothing like this.

Reply to
Jud McCranie

You never know..there are a lot of people today who have no ethics, no morals, and no common sense.

I would never deluge my car with vinegar, whatever the case. Rust is a bad enough problem without opening that door.

Reply to
HLS

That's a good bet. Even more appetizingly, the outlet for the air/ water separator is probably down the back of the front fenders, fortunately outboard of the door seal. If the weather in your area allows it, II recommend liberal application of water from a garden hose. There's usually a bit of a compost pile down there -- leaves and such -- which might have retained this substance.

Hosing out that stuff is a good idea once in a while anyway, especially if you park under a tree -- if it clogs the water outlet, swampwater backs up into the passenger compartment in a heavy rain.

If it got into the air side of the vent, lucky you. (Even a small residual amount of that stuff remains smellable.) Cleaning *that* out might involve taking things apart, though vacuuming the air intake might do the trick.

Wishing you good luck with the job and with the charming side of humanity that made it necessary,

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera

A healthy spray of pet odor remover seems to have done it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reply to
Jud McCranie

--Joe

It should be as easy to get wash water down in those spots as it was to get feces into them.

I would give that car an enema with a car wash wand, repeatedly, until the odor declined.

OP, you dont have any friends or enemies who are chemists, do you? There are some compounds that smell like howdiedoodie that are a lot more concentrated than the natural source.

Reply to
HLS

Go to any local sporting goods store. They'll have a product for Skunk- Spray attacks....usually calld something like OdorAway, etc. That stuff is incredible. I had a car parked last winter in a tent and it got invaded by mice. Not much of a problem in itself, but they pee'd and crapped everywhere! Add to the fact that they also died in there as witnessed by the multiple slimy carcasse I removed from the car. The stench was overwhelming, to say the least. I bought this OdorAway stuff followed the directions and in about a week, absolutley NO more smell. By the way, I have an extremely keen sense of smell, so its truly been effective. Hope this helps! Jay

Reply to
The Doctor

I do have a friend who is a chemist, but he lives on the other side of the country. Anyhow, it was definitely poop - it was clearly that on the windshield, and they left more of it in my mailbox.

Reply to
Jud McCranie

_______________

Are you kidding? That's CLASSIC! Better than smashed eggs on clear coat.

:)

-just being sarcastic...

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

Flush lots of water through the air intake, making sure that it's not overflowing inside the interior of the car but rather going out the drain openings and running out on the ground like it's supposed to.

Reply to
Nate Nagel

really? ya think? should he flush the contents of the trunk too while he's at it?

Reply to
jim beam