Battery Changed

I changed my 1998 Cadillac Deville battery. The light incated that "Anti-Lock, traction control, service charge system". I think the anti-lock needs to be reset.

What should I do?

Reply to
Deville

I suspect this is a Teves unit, or something similar. After you restart the car, the system will normally recharge the accumulator with hydraulic pressure to make the system workable.

I just serviced my Reatta system, and it came back on and recharged perfectly. You can normally hear the pump running as it recharges.

If it doesn't do this, you may have no brakes at all.

It will either recharge itself if you let it run a while, or it won't. If it doesn't, take it to a qualified mechanic. This is nothing for a beginner to approach.

Reply to
<HLS