Brake Light/Signal Light not working

Hi all, My left brake light and left signal don't work. I changed bulb and that didn't solve prob. Fuses look fine. What could it be?

Thanks, Rob in NY

Reply to
Rob Mick

if you do your own repairs .make sure you have a test light and a volt metor. the next step would be check your flasher it could be haft dead. also fuses can look good but also be bad. that is were your testing equipment comes in handy. they also help to tell you weather you have a broken wire or a bad ground.

Reply to
alan &marge pepper

When two seemingly-unrelated things aren't working, odds are the problem is with whatever they have in common. What DO they have in common? A ground point? A single connector?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

My left brake light and left signal don't work. I changed the bulb but that didn't solve the problem. Fuses look fine. What could it be? ___________________________________________________________

They are both the same bulb. The turn signal switch on the steering column decides whether to flash the bulb (turn signal) or turn it on continuously (brake light).

1.) Recheck the fuses. Use a voltmeter to see that fuses have power. 2.) Check the connection of the cable that enters the steering column. 3.) Check whether there is voltage at the bulb socket when a friend presses the brake.

If none of these work, the turn signal switch probably needs repairing.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan