Cadillac CTS with manual?

Is a manual transmission (with clutch) an option on one of these?

Or is there an alternative explaination for a practically brand new CTS in front of me exhibiting the classic 'I don't know how to use a clutch' lurch at every stop light and sign?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Yes, I am delighted to say!

They might be putting it in park at the stoplight in a misguided attempt to save gas. But it would be more likely that someone bought a manual who doesn't know how to drive it yet.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

CTS has had manual trans for a long time. Anywhere from 5 to 7 speeds. Single or double clutch. I saw a new one on the freeway 2 weeks ago. Wow! 640 HP The open exhaust was loud. Far, far above my pay grade :(

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Actually, the used manuals sell for good prices because dealers get them for trade in and aren't sure what to do with them.

The CTS is a decent-feeling car, but the name "Cadillac" is still associated in the minds of most people with horrible bloated pigs of vehicles that wallow back and forth across the road with elderly people dozing at the wheel. This reputation reduces the resale value on cars like the CTS, which is a good thing for you as a buyer.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Except for the elderly dozing thing, that's exactly right. My mom bought three of them brand new and gave two of them to me when she wanted a new one every 10 years or so, and probably drove them less than

5K miles/year.

The first one threw a rod out through the pan coming back from Las Vegas. The second one had serious transmission problems right out of the box, so they sold her the third one at a really good price. That's the one I'm driving now.

The dealer offered ridiculous trade-in prices -- probably because he knew about the shitty service he was providing.

Perhaps, but I will never miss an opportunity to bad-mouth Cadillac and GM, in spite of the fact that we owned an Olds and a couple of Chevies that lasted considerably beyond their use-by dates.

Reply to
The Real Bev

There was a car a few years ago (Honda maybe) that went into neutral automatically "to save gas."

I do that sometimes when it's a long light and there are a hundred Manhattan pedestrians crossing in front of me. It reduces my anxiety of holding their lives under my foot.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso