Chrysler rpm signal

I have heard of folks using a jumper to run B+ to the circuits that the ASD relay controls., and the vehicle started. Whatever the problem, it couldn't have been a missing rpm signal, correct? No matter how much voltage you run to the coil and injector circuits, the computor won't ground those circuits without an rpm signal, Isn't that correct? I don't have a problem, just curious. I'm just surfing today. thanks

Reply to
jd

I guess I could unplug the hall-effect sensor at the dist. Put a jumper on the proper terminals at the ASD relay and then try to start. If it starts, I guess my question is answered. It just looks like without the rpm signal the computor couldn't time for the spark and injectors on the ground circuit? hmm

Reply to
jd

If that's the only sensor, it won't start.

Some vehicles have other sensors to rely on. Honda has three.

Depends on the car. The right term usually is called the rpm CRANK sensor signal. RPM could come from the ignition module output, for example. And that's another story.

Reply to
Tibur Waltson

Thanks for the post. I talked to some folks at a Chrysler site. Even if I used a jumper to run B+ to the circuits that the ASD relay control, the vehicle still wouldn't start because without the rpm signal the computor won't ground the injectors or coil, reguardless of voltage. I have heard of folks using a jumper to run B+ to th circuits that the ASD relay control and the vehicle started, evidently the problem was not the rpm signal. I just thought it was interesting. thanks

Reply to
jd