Fiesta 1999 rpm signal where?

Hi group,

Can anyone point me in the direction of the wiring for an accurate rpm signal on a Fiesta 1999 1.25 lx. This is for an SGI LPG conversion. I've got three wires multicoloured going into the coil? Or where is the signal going to the rev counter?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
david.cawkwell

The rev counter will take the tacho reading from the ECU. The black wire (negative) is used to take an RPM reading from the coil.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I don't seem to see a black wire coming from the coil? Just 3 multi colour wires. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Reply to
david.cawkwell

On a DIS system, the only way to get around it is to set your LPG ECU for 2 cylinder car and tap into one of the two outside wires.

OR possibly from the tacho signal from the ECU, but i'm not sure what format this is on the Ford.

You could possibly use the cam sensor feed too, or if the gas ecu supports it- an inductive pick up around one plug lead..

Bear in mind the Zetec S / SE's need a flash lube kit else you;ll have burnt valves in no time.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..