Civic rumbles at 115KM and over

Wondering how I can fix that when my 2000 civic starts trebling, the wheel trebles and even the dashbaord a bit, at high speed on the highway. It usualy starts at 120Km or more and maybe less when at

140km. I guess between 115km and 135km it like to teble. Anyone know perhaps why ?Because I dont think I used to do that a while ago?
Reply to
pablome

Could be the wheels need to be rebalanced. You may also have a flat spot on one tire. You should take the car to a shop with the tools to check the wheel balance. Those same tools should allow the tires to be inspected for roundness.

pablome wrote:

Reply to
John S.

Could be a wheel out of balance, bent, or a bad tire (are there any "bubbles" in the sidewalls?) The speeds you mention are a little high but within the range I'd expect for a wheel/tire problem. Usually they show up between 60-80 MPH (100-130 km/h) and not so much outside that range.

nate

Reply to
N8N

That can also be a sign a CV joint is going bad.

Any clicking noise/feel on a tight parking lot turn?

Any clunks when going into 1st or reverse?

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
pablome

You may be onto something though. Not exactly wat u mean by CV and all if how it is it and to fix it though. My car has over 156Km and its a

2000 Civic. A bit more than needed. I might have "Any clicking noise/feel on a tight parking lot turn?" that happen. "> Any clunks when going into 1st or reverse?" Clunks, sometimes ya...like small quick jitter I might get sometimes.

------------------ Also thanks for the help so far.

Mike Roma> That can also be a sign a CV joint is going bad.

Reply to
pablome

Reply to
pablome

First, what are doing driving that fast in a plastic car? Because of it's age, it needs a professional garage to work on it, even if it's just an out of round tire, you've been running it hard, and that kind of vibration wears out other areas of the car too. The Civic is a well known good buy. You should say good bye to it, (if you can come up with the payments) and put yourself into a newer one. . . . my two cents.

Reply to
Heyjohn

Huh? Trade the car in at only 156,000km (less than 100K miles) because it's got a little front end vibration? WHY?

Just ignore the last poster and get it fixed. you'll be fine.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel