Rear end vibration and rebuild

I have a 2000 TJ that has a vibration around 60-70 mph that comes and goes.

The dealer inspected and I have metal in the oil and they recommend new rear-end bearings in a rebuild of the Dana 35 rear end for $800.00

Anyone run into this, and is what is the going rate on putting new bearings in?

Is it worth replacing the rear end with a Dana 44?

I recently put on alloy canyon wheels and 30" tires and ditched the P195 75 R15 steel wheels

How do I know what the ratio is? I have a 3 speed automatic....

Tom

Reply to
tk

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Hi Tom. Did the vibration stop when you let off the accelerator at this speed, and then continue when you reapplied the accelerator? Did you feel it through the steering wheel? Just wondering, I believe I may have the same problem. Mine is on and off also at highway speed.

Thanks,

Greg

95YJ tk wrote:
Reply to
jerryg

The vibration seems to continue even if I let off the accelerator, it's like this vibration (2 second pause) vibration (2 second pause) vibration

Can't feel it in the sterring wheel...

Tom

jerryg wrote:

Reply to