Noise when turning

My 97 civic is making a groaning/grinding noise when turning left pretty sharply. From what I've read, it's likely the be the outer CV joint. Anyboyd have any idea of how much money it costs to fix a failed outer CV? Also, can I keep driving the car with the CV I have now?

Thanks!

Reply to
ejk235

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

A failed outer CV joint will click-click-click-click or clunk-clunk-clunk- clunk, or make some other regular noise.

Your problem sounds more like a seizing lower balljoint. Better get that looked at right quick, or...

didn't have much fun that day.)

Reply to
TeGGeR®