clutch can't engage without making a noise at 80mph

In fact, I believe selecting neutral in the intersection is the recommended/required (to pass your driving test at least) practice in GB (other countries in Europe?)

like you said, though, there's arguments both ways for that one. Certainly in heavy traffic being able to "hole shot" the light (assuming that there's no RLR's coming the other way) helps traffic throughput greatly.

nate

Reply to
N8N

"N8N" kirjoitti viestissä news: snipped-for-privacy@n21g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

In fact, I believe selecting neutral in the intersection is the recommended/required (to pass your driving test at least) practice in GB (other countries in Europe?)

Never heard of such recommendation or requirement here in Finland. Selecting neutral or not just depends on how soon you expect the lights to change: if the lights have been already red for while when you arrive at them and they might go green just any second, you usually select the first gear after stopping, or let D stay on. But if it's expected that lights are going to stay red a while you might want to select neutral for a moment.

P.V.

Reply to
P.V.