Coasting with Auto Trans

In my 2009 Nissan Versa with auto trans, while driving on hiway around 60 mph, when I let my foot off the gas, the tachometer doesn't change, the car slows down (very slowly) and you can feel the drag.

In other cars, you get the feeling of coasting when you take your foot off the gas, and the tach drops a bit, I think.

I do not have the CVT auto trans, by the way, just the 4 speed auto.

Is there something wrtong with the trans, or is this normal ? It's kind of annoying, and makes me think I'm wastying gas every time I try to coast.

Thanks

Reply to
abcd