98 Windstar auto trans?

How many miles should you expect from a auto trans in a 98 Windstar? Mine is being rebuilt after 105,000 miles. What I can I do to prevent trans rebuilds in the future? I did a trans fluid change at about 60,000 miles? What do you think about installing an extra trans fluid cooler? Would this extend the life of the trans?

I believe the owners manual recommend changing the transmission fluid every

30K miles under normal driving conditions. I'm sure a transmission fluid cooler wouldn't hurt. Pat
Reply to
PATRICK T. DAVIDSON