Contour engine swap

Will a '97 engine bolt straight into a '96 or '95? Will the old computer run the newer engine? And is there a parts interchange list that would tell me this?

Reply to
Dan Patenaude

I don't know anything about Contours. However, a '96 or '97 engine will be ODBII compliant. A '95 engine will most likely be ODBI and not compatible with an ODBII computer control system. You may be able to bolt it to the engine bay however.

- JR

Reply to
JR Lomas