Coolant Choice...which one to use

Hi-

I'll be doing a coolant change in my car, and my car ('99 altima) doesn't require any specialty (dex cool, et al) coolant, just the likes of Prestone will do. Which brand do you guys prefer? Prestone? Zerex? etc. Plus, my car has about 55k miles on it, is a flush necessary?

Reply to
elmo

|Hi- | |I'll be doing a coolant change in my car, and my car ('99 altima) doesn't |require any specialty (dex cool, et al) coolant, just the likes of Prestone |will do. Which brand do you guys prefer? Prestone? Zerex? etc. Plus, my |car has about 55k miles on it, is a flush necessary? | |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Elmo,

Any green coolant will do just fine, if your mfg says so. Prestone is an excellent choice.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude