Coolant choice---advise pls

Hi-

I'll be doing a coolant change in my car, and my car ('99 altima) doesn't require any specialty (dex cool, et al) coolant, just the likes of Prestone will do. Which brand do you guys prefer? Prestone? Zerex? etc. Plus, my car has about 55k miles on it, is a flush necessary?

Reply to
elmo

do not use dex-cool .

Prestone will do fine (the green stuff)

mix it 50/50 and your good to go

Reply to
NissTech

Why not?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Uh -- you have any cred? NissTech's handle (plus we've watched him here for years) says it all.

Reply to
ppointer

not sure what a name means...

I'd agree to use a silicate free antifreeze though...

Reply to
The Greatest Nissan Technician EVER!

I heard HKS coolant performs real good.

Reply to