Cost of new differential, 2003 Jeep Liberty

So I'm told my Jeep will need a new differential. What kind of money am I looking at? The Jeep otherwise is sound with 143K on it. Worth fixing?

Thanks.

Reply to
Michael

Try rockauto.com for a general idea of parts prices. Depending on your particular specs looks like $420 to $1020

Reply to
AMuzi

Which differential?

Why does it need a new differential? Is this a case of not changing the rear differential fluid on schedule?

If you haven't been changing the fluid on schedule, what else haven't you been doing on schedule?

On the other hand.... if this is the rear differential with the positraction kit... 143k is well beyond the time for a rebuild and you have got your money's worth. But then again it's a lot more work to rebuild than just a normal rear differential.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Thanks, Andrew. What are your thoughts on getting a junk yard part? Throwing good money after bad?

Reply to
Michael