Couldn't put the roof on, '88 Supra Sport Roof

The other night I was cruising with the top off, and when I got home I tried to reinstall the roof. No Go. The rear bolts lined up ok, but the fronts were off by at least 1/4"!!! I bolted the rears in and went to bed.

When I got home at 5AM I looked in the daylight, and could see the front bolts were skewed. No amount of pushing or pulling would line them up. The only thing I could think of is the cowl shake is getting so bad it's knocking the body out of alignment. I bolted the rears again and started towards the house.

Then I noticed the pass. front wheel. We had an oak tree in the front of the house, and the roots caused the pavement there to 'swell' up about 4-6 inches! The wheel was parked on the swell. I moved the car, and put the driver's side on the swell and it bolted in perfectly.

So, the question: because of the capability of the roof coming off, the car has additional 'stiffeners' installed to try to eliminate cowl shake. Does anyone know where the bracing is, and how I might be able to tighten the body up?

Or, should I just take it to a frame shop (there is a *VERY* good one in Springfield) and let them sort it out?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B