Current production cars with the smallest engines

What car brands that are currently still in production and have the smallest engines? I recall some small Japanese cars, like Daihatsu, Mazda500 (500cc), Fiat600 or 750 (600cc and 750cc). How big of an engine is BMW Isetta? Is it still being produced now? What about French cars .. .like Citroen CV, etc. How big are their smallest engines?

Reply to
aniram

I believe the Fiat Seicento (600 cc) is still being produced.

Reply to
Larry Smith

There is a special tax class (or at least there was) called the "Kei" class, originally for vehicles with 360cc engines or less. When they instituted emissions regulations in Japan, the limit was relaxed to

550cc. But there are sports cars made to meet the regulations; perhaps the most fun I've had driving was in a mid-engine 550cc Honda Beat. I think the redline was about 14,000 RPM.

Oh, not for the last four decades or so...

The 2CV has been out of production for some time. They shut the Paris plant back in the '80s, but I think it survived in Portugal or somewhere for a while after that.

Reply to
Stephen H. Westin