cx7 transmission drain plug

I can not find a picture of where the 2009 cx7 transmission drain plug is.

And does it use a filter ?

Thanks.

Reply to
Andy K

2009 CX7 Transmission drain plug Youtube
Reply to
JR

Already tried that.

No pictures of my model.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

About seven years ago a guy who lives catty corner across the street from m e, he pushed his lawn mower across the street to my house. He said, Show me where that oil drain plug is! I wiped my hand around on the bottom of the engine, only took me about two seconds. I said to him, There it is! Get you r socket wrench and spin it counter clock wise. Another time I loaned him m y old electric chainsaw. (he said he is an old country boy and knows all ab out chainsaws) About 15 minutes later he broke my chainsaw. It was a cheapo electric chainsaw I had bought for a few dollars at the Goodwill store.

Reply to
JR

Which model and trans?

There were a few different ones used.

The AWF21 (AWTF-80SC) uses a special fluid but no filter. Drain is on the drivers side of the trans uses a Torx bit.

The 6F series has a filter BUT you need to split the trans to get to it. Drain is under the trans below the pan covering the valve body. BUT you need to check if you can fill it first. Some used a fill plug that was secured by a bolt which also holds a front apply band, loosen it and the trans may not work!

If you have the CVT none of the above apply. Those are not user serviceable.

Reply to
Steve W.

Wagon 4D GT AWD Automatic transmission

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Mazda?

Transmissions and other Mazda stuff.

Reply to
JR

They have no idea. :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Cars and trucks are too complicated nowadays. New York Auto show is going on now. They all look alike.

Reply to
JR