Dakota update and very sad today.

You spelled *spelled* incorrectly.

Your interlocutory incertitude exceeds your vainglorious turpitude.

Reply to
Nicholas

Nicholas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Did not, you provincial putz.

(By the way, I swiped those last three words from a very famous movie from 1974. You guess which one.)

I bow to your polysyllabic superiority in spite of my prior correctness. The Golden Thesaurus trophy is yours.

Reply to
Tegger

With the possible exception of pretentioous, supercilious grammaticasters such as yourself, P-E-A-N remains a perfectly acceptable spelling of the word - note, from your preferred site:

But should your empty, miserable existence be so obviously impoverished, wanting and devoid of actual meaning that for it to afford you any value whatsoever you desperately resort to cruising newsgroups for perceived errors in spelling, grammar, diction or punctuation (therewith providing your sole raison d'etre), far be it from me to deny you that crucial perquisite ;^)

Have a wonderful and rewarding remainder of the evening.

Reply to
Snuckfoe

Didn't look at your internets linkage. Too much ignorance on the nets. Besides, everybody knows it's "peen". Got a few, from 6 ounce up to 3 pounds.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Well it sounds like BS to me..... And NOT just the movie....

Reply to
Steve W.

Tegger sez:

Well don't give it to me yet, because I don't even know what I said. I just picked some random words from my spell checker 8->>>>

Oh, I bought a netbook and an Autotap interface and am going to try to look at some parameters in real time today. The interface is a little bit complicated. Need more practice. I want to look at cylinder misfires in real time. And O2 graphs in real time. And throttle position sensor in real time. Why? Because I can.

Then I got an Innova 3100e, which is NICE because it pulls and memorizes your MIL information, so you can take it into the house, plug it into the computer, link with their website and get a proper diagnosis, if you can't figure out what is going on. The stealerships around here would charge the price of the 3100e just to tell you what is wrong. Repairing a problem is Extra.

But in my personal experience (read limited to myself only), my MIL's have been for Bad (not loose) gas caps and worn-through vacuum hoses. Nothing serious, but in Illinois here, if your MIL light is on, it is an "automatic flunk" on the Emissions Test. And until you can pass it, you can't re-register your vehicle !!!

So it is important. In the States.

I've been following this cracked block thread, and as a last resort, AFTER running the engine long enough to burn off coolant, I would use Stop Leak Pellets, which I have in the past. And they _worked_. I don't know why nobody mentioned them.

I had a front right tire losing air. Checked the entire thing and couldn't find a reason for it. Good and tight tire valve, no visible punctures, no apparent leaking at tire bead wheel rim (use soapy water in a spray bottle). So I ended up taking a chance and put some Fix A Flat into it. WORKED. No more leak. Same idea as stop leak pellets, except for tires.

So I suggest to OP, put some Stop Leak Pellets into your coolant according to instructions to be found on package. I know this is going to get hooted off the board, but it worked for me, so it should solve his DAKOTA PROBLEM.

Nick aka Lg

Reply to
Nicholas

Briefly wont cut it. I have had cars that smoked for over an hour after a head gasket job. Run it for a*at least* an hour after the thermostat opens. Check the oil every 10 minutes to see if it is milky. The oil has to get hot enough to evaporate all the water in the oil as does the exhaust. Run it for an hour or 2, drive it around and let us know. HTH, Ben

Reply to
ben91932