Seeking "Spare Tank" aka "Rescue"

Last weekend at a party, I found that I did not have enough gas in my tank to start up and drive away. Somone gave me a jug of emergency fuel called "Rescue" out of their car, and I was able to drive away. I would like to be able to return the favor, as well as score a jug of this stuff for myself. It is supposed to be stable and safe to carry around in the car. It has been sold under the name "Rescue" and "Spare Tank", but none of the auto supply places I have called carry it. Where can I find this product?

Reply to
Paul Ciszek

Get a gallon of gasoline and a bottle of fuel stabilizer. Mix the two. Voila. Your local auto parts store has it.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Paul Ciszek) wrote in news:h0phv0$rv2$1 @reader1.panix.com:

You didn't ask your benefactor the source of his magical "Rescue" fluid? Try doing so.

Alternatively, you could simply anticipate such situations and visit a fuel filling station prior to arriving at your destination, or simply maintain a sufficient level of fuel in your fuel tank as a regular practice.

Since most cars (yours too, I assume) are equipped with a fairly reliable dashboard-mounted visual analog of the gas tank's level, it should not be difficult to avoid ending up with an insufficient amount of fuel in your gas tank.

Reply to
Tegger

Try looking for Pennzoil Roadside Rescue

Steve W.

We used carry some gallons of solvent naphtha in our oilfield lab cars for use in running tests in the field. I was with a co-worker who didnt watch the gas gauge, and ran out of fuel in a barren part of west Texas. This kind of fuel didnt burn well, was smoky, but got us to a service station.

Normally those naphthas have flash points of 150-200F, so they are not as dangerous as gasoline to carry in the car.

Reply to
HLS