Does my radiator have a freeze plug?

I noticed that I was dripping a little antifreeze and stuck my head under the machine (Lexus ES250 aka 1990 Camry) to see why. At first glance I'd swear there was a freeze plug in the bottom of the radiator. There's a protrusion from the bottom center about 1 1/2" dia and about the same length, and inside it there's a smaller cylinder (maybe 5/8?) with what looks like a domed brass insert. Is that a feature?

Reply to
JT

it's probably the drain.

Reply to
JimV

I don't have a possible solution but have a comment about the type of antifreeze on ethylene glycol. It's lethal and toxic. Propylene Glycol will not kill pets or animals when tasted.

Reply to
Rudy Hiebert