Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

The hydro-elastic was pretty radical and cool too. It did have that nasty habit of uncontrolled steering oscillation but that was just part of the excitement of owning this FWD English car. You couldn't get that kind of fun from a rear drive MG or Spitfire - those had the self-jacking rear ends. :-)

That's right - we had the big Mini.

Reply to
dsi1

I've been saving mine, waiting for the fashion cycle to swing my way.

Get an EV and find a couple of those 10-hp Stirling generators that Philips made for Winnebago back in the '70s (quiet, on-board electical generator). Put them on a trailer and hook up cables to your batteries. Then you can just pull off the road and shovel in some wood chips, bird poop, or whatever, and go another 100 miles.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Sorry, I meant hydro-elastic SUSPENSION. I guess the proper BMC or BLMC term would be "hydrolastic."

Reply to
dsi1

The "self-jacking rear ends" were early Spitfires, not MGs. MGs were solid rear axles with semi-elliptics. Early Spitfires had swing axles.

You may be thinking of the first AH Sprites. They had quarter-elliptic springs and were almost self-steering (into the ditches on the side of the road) above 70 mph. No jacking, though.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I rarely got to see a RADAR scope, and only when I was carrying a 21" video monitor into or out of the control room. I worked the other end: The pulse transmitters, receivers & timing circuits. About all I really saw were the two channels of weather data for the pilot ready rooms while working in our shop.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Military bases were actually constructed on the Canadian border to facilitate this plan.

So lets see. Enslavement. A whole (US) economy built on it. Until we abolished it. (White house built with slave labour.)

Equality laws in America onltenacted in the 1960's. Ku Klux Klan. An American president who wanted to ship them back to Africa. Assassination of black leaders. Invasion of Hawaaii and enslavement of it's population. Invasionof Philipines and other parts of Spanish empire. Subversion of numerous South and Central American countries. Good example here:-

2.80.9333.29

harry

OVER the world

rolled and were

Tell me about your's since your Nazi war criminal died.

Ours is part of the European effort in Guiana.

harry

So a bit like American automobiles? Nothing much changed there then.

Reply to
harry

You eat bacon and eggs?

Reply to
harry

I have been in a couple, they are not that authentic. They don't sell proper beer. Just a chemical substitute.

BTW, I hear they are watering your beer down over there. Is that to reduce the bad taste?

Reply to
harry

Only $295, 99!!

Inflation you know.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Given that the US doesnt buy any Iranian oil..it would appear that the Brits would be freezing to death by the end of next month..as THEY buy Iranian oil

You really are "challenged" as far as history and poltiics goes..arent you?

Pity about that.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Invented junk food? Oh the Germans and the Europeans did that.

Snicker...I just read that the Home Office is complaining about the obesity problem in the UK

All nations are. Those that can afford them

Cites?

So hows that Mad Cow disease thingy coming along in the UK these days?

So keep on sucking your mates penis. Im sure the contents satisfy you completely.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

So why dont they build steam cars?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

LOTS of vehicles here in California use CNG, cars, trucks, taxi cabs

  1. Lie
Gunner

The English may be a lot of things..but Gourmets and Pervayors of Fine Dining isnt one of them

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

That so? You've been watching Hollywood/Foxnews again.

_US_beef_industry

We know never to trust them. They eat frogs, snails and horsemeat.

Substandard coming from an American....Rich.

Reply to
harry

My car can be re-charged in 20 minutes given the right equipment. As can all of them I think.

Reply to
harry

The grid will run more efficiently on a more constant load. Why do you think smart meters are being installed?

Shutdowns for maintenance take weeks, not a few hours in any event.

Reply to
harry

Twenty minutes Duf, not hours.

Reply to